Wednesday, February 19, 2014

" Love One Another As I Have Loved You "


As I have been planning my wedding, I've realized that I have become my 
worst nightmare: a Bridezilla. I swore I would never be the controlling, 
ungrateful, inflexible fiance and here I find myself. Getting upset over too 
much money, not the right shade of purple, or uncooperative family members. 
My fiance and I were fighting. Getting annoyed at almost everything we said to 
each other. We were way too sensitive. That is when it hit me: I'M GETTING MARRIED.

Why am I freaking out? 

I'd rather have a loving family and a happy home then the perfect assembly 
of arrangements. I'm happy to be loved by a man who would lay down his life 
for me. I want to start a family based on the characteristics of Jesus Christ. If 
I don't start NOW, there will never be a "right" time to start.

"Feeling the security and constancy of love from a spouse, a parent, or a child is a rich blessing. 
Such love nurtures and sustains faith in God. Such love is a source of strength and casts out 
fear (see 1 John 4:18). Such love is the desire of every human soul.”

Keep Calm & Wait On



1 comment:

  1. Carly, I have totally been there. You should be proud of yourself for realizing what's truly important in the midst of the chaos and fun of planning a wedding. Don't kick yourself down too much when you make that mistake, there's so much to think about right now, but the fact you're realizing that in the end, the most important thing is your marriage with your soon-to-be eternal companion, everything else seems so much less important. Stresses will be easier to handle <3 you're an amazing girl and your fiance is blessed to have you, just as I know you're blessed to have him. I'm so excited for the both of you!

    ReplyDelete